Sunday 5 February 2012

Star Trek to Buffelsbaai 22 Jan 2012


The Star Riders went to Buffelsbaai for their monthly Star Trek and we made some new friends along the way. Bruce and his Pillion joined us on their XVS650 Yamaha and it was great intoducing them to the Star Owners Group and it was an honour having them with us. I cleaned my Motorcycle early in the morning and the one indicator was lopsided as heinz always kept pointing out to me and I decided to loosen it and straigthen it. When I tightened up the clamp I pinched a wire unknowingly and on the way to meet my fellow Stars one of the fuses blew as soon as I used my indicator I lost power to my Dash console and thus could not see how fast I was doing nor how much fuel I have left. Heinz said he would pace me while in the lead and I enjoyed the ride since he was close on my left the whole way showing  me the pace to set.  


We stopped over at some of Heinz friends that was holidaying for the weekend in Buffelsbaai and they enjoyed the unexpected visit and gave us a starter just to quell the hunger pains before we went to breakfast at a quaint little place just off the N2 at the Buffelsbaai turn off. The picnic spot and restuarant is next to the river and it was a great setting, but as the sign said at the entrance there is no rush there and the service is slow, we found out how slow when 1 hour later we swere still waiting for our food.

                                      

There setting is tranquill and if you are not rushed this is the ideal place for a family visit and a swim on a hot day. There is Canoes to rent or you can just float in the water while waiting for your food. There is overnight cabins and a place to pitch tents should you wish to camp out. A great place to concider for a weekend run.


Finnaly we all had breakfast wich turned out more to be lunch and we headed back to George via the old Kaaimans Pass. Heinz decided to visit Bruce on the Woodifields Estate. Bruce runs this Family estate for his family and what a lovely place it is. Worth a visit by the Stars for a picnic in the future and we thank Bruce for extending his welcome to us to visit the Estate at our leisure. Heinz had a nice visit but the rest of us had to push on home since it was getting late and other family obligations cut our run as a group short. Thank you Jean, Suzette, Mannetjies, Bruce, Conwill and Heinz for joining me on this wondefull Star Trek.

No comments:

Post a Comment