Sunday 5 February 2012

Lone Star run to Cape Town

I jumped at the opportunity to ride to Cape Town on Spike to fetch my passport before my departure to Angola and thought I would like to share the experience and picture with you in lieu of or planned Star trek on Route 62 in the near future. It took me 5 hours on a straight run with only one refuel along the way to Cape Town, I left at 9 in the morning and after the half hour break along the way to refuel my stomach and Spike, arrived in Cape Town at 2 in the Afternoon. My butt was aching a bit and I was thirsty.

So after Picking up my Passport headed on the scenic coastal drive to Campsbay to have a cold draught and relaxing next to the beach. No problems with Spike and the wiring short I had on our previous outing was fixed before I left. I spent the night and thought I was going to leave to Angola from Cape Town in the morning only to find out the next morning my flight was cancelled from Cape Town and that my flight leaves from George at 17:45 that Friday. Who said a Cruiser is not fast, I made it back to George within 3 and a half hours and made the flight. Trusty old Spike is safely in my Garage and I am safe in Angola. If there is any of my friends out there that want to talk to me via Skype in Angola my user name is gerhardt_koch I would love to hear from you all and miss you guys and gals already.


No comments:

Post a Comment